Before you move on to looking for one of the best clinics offering acne scar treatments in Delhi, let us help you understand:
- What is acne?
- Causes of acne
- Types of acne
- Types of acne scars
- Treatments for acne scar removal in Delhi
- Tips for managing acne
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when hair follicles under the skin become obstructed. Oil and dead skin cells plug the pores, and outbreaks of lesions (zits, and pimples) can shape. Frequently, the outbreaks happen on the face yet can also show up on the back, chest, and shoulders.
For most individuals, acne will in general disappear when they reach their thirties, but a few people in their forties and fifties keep on having this skin issue.
What Causes Acne?
Acne is principally a hormonal condition driven by male or 'androgenic' hormones, which become active during the teenage. Affectability to such hormones, bacteria, and fatty acids in the oil glands, altogether cause the skin to break out. The most common spots for acne are the face, neck, shoulders, chest, and back - the sites of oil glands.
Skin break out injuries includes whiteheads, clogged pores, little knocks, and bumps, and pimples.
Despite the fact that skin break out is an ordinary physiologic phase, certain conditions may aggravate its severity, including:
- Fluctuating hormonal levels in ladies during menses
- Controlling (picking/nudging) skin break out injuries
- Poor skincare regime ( not washing the face properly, excessive scrubbing, using over-the-counter skincare products without consulting an expert, etc)
What are the various types of acne?
Identifying which kind of acne you're encountering is vital to successful acne treatment. Acne might be noninflammatory or inflammatory. Subtypes of skin inflammation inside these two classes include:
It is not uncommon to have different kinds of acne at once — a few cases may even be sufficiently extreme and would a visit to the dermatologist for acne treatment in Delhi.
Noninflammatory acne includes blackheads and whiteheads. These typically don't cause swelling. They likewise react moderately well to over-the-counter (OTC) medicines.
- Blackheads: Blackheads occur when a pore is obstructed by sebum and dead skin cells. The tip of the pore stays open, regardless of its remainder being clogged up. This results in the blackish color seen on a superficial level.
- Whiteheads: Whiteheads can likewise shape when a pore gets obstructed by sebum and dead skin cells. However, unlike blackheads, the tip of the pore is closed. It appears like a little knock protruding from the skin.
Red and swollen spots or pimples on the skin surface are referred to as inflammatory acne.
In spite of the fact that sebum and dead skin cells add to skin inflammation, bacteria can likewise be responsible for obstructing pores. Bacteria can cause an infection far below the skin's surface. This may bring about excruciating acne spots that are difficult to get rid of.
- Papules: Papules occur on the skin when the walls around your pores break down from extreme irritation. This results in hard, clogged up pores that are sensitive and painful to the touch. The skin around these pores is normally pinkish-red in color.
- Pustules: Pustules can likewise shape when the walls around your pores break down. In contrast to papules, pustules are filled with discharge. These knocks come out from the skin and are normally red in color. They regularly have yellow or whiteheads on the tip.
- Nodules or Knobs: Nodules or knobs occur when obstructed, swollen pores endure irritation, and become bigger. In contrast to pustules and papules, nodules are more profound under the skin. Since they are so profound inside the skin, you can't commonly treat them at home. Physician endorsed prescription is important to help clear these up.
- Cysts: Cysts can occur when pores are obstructed by a blend of bacteria, sebum, and dead skin cells. The clogs occur inside the skin and are further underneath the surface than nodules. These large red or white knocks are painful to touch. Cysts are the biggest type of acne, and their formation results from a serious disease. This sort of skin inflammation is most likely to leave behind a scar.
Tips for managing acne
It's hard to prevent acne. However, you can make efforts at home to help skin break out before and even after undergoing an acne treatment in Delhi. These include:
- washing your face with a gentle, oil-free cleanser
- using an over-the-counter acne ointment to get rid of excess oil
- keeping away from cosmetics that contain oil
- cleaning your makeup before bed
- showering immediately after working out
- keeping away from tight-fitting clothes
- following a healthy eating routine with negligible refined sugars
- controlling stress levels
Having said that, it is not always possible to get away from acne, and even with all the precautions, acne scars are a gruesome reminder of acne. While we have the best acne scar removal treatment available, first let's try to understand what are the various types of acne scars.
Types of acne scars
Ice Pick Scars
Ice pick scars are profound, narrow scars that stretch out into the dermis. The skin looks as though it has been punctured by an ice pick or sharp instrument. Ice pick scars appear to make a little, thin, deep hole into the skin. Some may look like a huge, open pore.
These scars are round/ oval depressions with steep vertical sides. More extensive than ice pick scars, these scars give the skin a lopsided, pitted appearance.
This sort of scarring causes rolling or wave-like depressions in an otherwise normal-looking skin. These scars vary from boxcar scars in a manner that they aren't sharply characterized. The skin itself looks uneven and rugged.
Treatments for acne scar removal at Tvak Skin & Laser Clinic
Acne needle RF treatment:
Acne needle RF treatment improves collagen levels by needle prod. Wrinkles that are formed because of age and acne are completely eliminated using this treatment and it gives you a youthful look. The procedure is done using a machine with microneedles. Simultaneously, about 25 micro needles are inoculated in the affected region and are treated accordingly.
Acne laser treatment:
Laser treatment for acne scars through resurfacing coordinates removing the epidermal layer of the skin and going underneath it to the dermal layer. The course leaves your skin with a scar-free and smooth appearance. Talk to our expert dermatologist to learn more about the procedure of laser acne treatment in Delhi.
A chemical peel might be a reasonable option for those with mild to moderate acne. In this procedure, an acidic peel is applied to your skin. The main purpose is to get rid of the external layer of the skin. Within a few days or weeks, the surface skin will shed away and new, healthy skin will show up. The new skin will have fewer imperfections and less prominent scars. Glycolic, Retinol, TCA, Salicylic are some of the most common types of chemical peels.
Dermabrasion is a type of skin planing procedure known to be effective and is a favored treatment option for people with acne scars and uneven skin tone. It works by exfoliating the top layers of the skin with the use of a machine that scratches the skin where the acne scar has formed. As the skin heals, a much smoother layer of skin will show up making the scars look less visible.
If these sound very complex to you, you can always drop by for a visit to understand from the best skin specialists in Delhi (who are available at TVAK) to learn more about these treatments before you even think of getting treated for your acne scars.
- Acne or skin break out is a common skin condition that occurs when hair follicles under the skin become obstructed.
- Acne or skin breakout causes a few kinds of papules or pimples.
- Medications and different procedures, for example, laser and light therapies, chemical peels are some of the most widely recognized treatments.
- The objectives of going for acne treatment in Delhi are to help heal sores, prevent new sores from shaping, and prevent scarring. But, there is no need to worry even if the scars remain, there is the option of acne scar treatment that can help you as well.
- Skin break out can cause stress and embarrassment or cause you to feel low on confidence at various important occasions such as a job interview or a business meeting. If you have any of these emotions, talk to an experienced dermatologist for the necessary guidance on the best acne scar treatment in Delhi and the average acne treatment cost in Delhi.
If you are having acne on your face and body or looking for acne scar removal treatment come to us at TVAK Skin and Laser Clinic for the most effective acne scar treatment in Delhi. Book your appointment right away!
You can also watch this detailed explanation on Acne Scar Treatment if you like.